RD’s areas of work include:
- public sector anti-corruption (AC) and corruption risk management,
- criminal justice sector reforms,
- strengthening of justice sector higher education (law universities, and continuous education for prosecutors, judges, and attorneys, etc.),
- justice sector capacity building with emphasis on judicial transparency and independence,
- digitalization and the use of modern information technologies and artificial intelligence solutions in justice/AC sector and in strengthening transparency and good governance,
- support and assistance to civil society groups and institutions,
- support towards a free and independent media.
RD’s current projects in Uzbekistan are funded by Department of State INL and DRL bureaus and focus on:
- Improving anti-corruption capacity;
- Modernizing the criminal justice system;
- Enhancing the capacity of legal professionals;
- Strengthening educational capacity of legal education institutions;
- Strengthening the role of the Chamber of Advocates and the role of defense attorneys;
- The legal community, including law students, expand their engagement in their communities and civil society.